- This is a top quality Class A, Jerusalem Cross / Crusader’s Cross pendant , made by H.J.W the world leading manufacturer for olive wood articles, for export.
- It comes with a Certificate of Origin certifying that it is a sacred object made of olivewood grown in Bethlehem. It has been carved by craftsmen in Bethlehem from a single piece of wood pruned from the very olive wood trees that have scattered the landscape around Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus, since biblical times.
- No two pendants will ever look the same due to the variations in the grain of the wood. This is a beautiful meaningful keepsake either to keep for yourself or to give as a gift to someone you care about.
- Dimensions 1.2″ x 1.4″ / 2 cm x 3.5 cm approximately
- ”The wood from the Tree of Life, those who grasp it will experience eternal Happiness…” Proverbs 3:18
Environmentally friendly as they are made only from the prunings of ancient olive trees growing in the Bethlehem region, the site of the nativity of Jesus (Matt 2, Luke 2). Olive trees are evergreen trees indigenous to the Holy Land and are treasured because the oil from their fruit has been used for religious rites since biblical times. The olive wood used in these beautiful products is of the highest quality and is distinctive for its dark lines. It comes only from olive wood trees that are grown in the area between Shechem and Hebron that are not irrigated. The olive tree is a protected species in Israel and cannot be cut down. Once every two years the olive trees are pruned so that they bear fruit and it is from these prunings that these handcrafted pieces are made. The prunings are stored for almost 5 years, before they are used by the craftsmen for these exquisite pieces. Olive wood items make perfect gifts. Not only are they imbued with spirituality, they also do not require much care since olive oil is naturally protecting them from corrosion and changes of color.